Friday, August 28, 2009

Some Upcoming Events

The following event is actually tomorrow and Sunday (sorry for the late notice!):

Northeast Belly Dance Competition: Gala Show
Date & Time: Saturday August 29, 2009, starting at 8:00pm
Location: Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center
Grand Ballroom
300 Gateway Dr
Bethlehem, PA 18017
Price: $15.00 (I'm checking to see if tickets can still be purchased at the door. They don't seem to be sold out, but I'm unable to select the tickets to still purchase them online at this point.)
For more information, visit their website: Northeast Belly Dance Competition

There are thirteen performers lined up for this event including the girls of Hipnosis Tribal, Neon and Tanna Valentine of World Dance New York, Lotus Niraja, and Embers & Emeralds. There will also be some vendors present both before and after the show as well as during intermission.

I also wanted to highlight a series of workshops in November featuring Washington DC area dancers Asharah and Belladonna (I believe Mavi was originally slated to participate too but that doesn't seem to be the case any longer):

Workshops with Asharah & Belladonna
Date & Time: Saturday November 14 and Sunday November 15, 2009, workshops begin at noon
Location: to be announced
Price: Single Class: $40.00, Full Day (Saturday or Sunday): $70.00, Entire Weekend: $120
For more detailed information on the workshops and registration, please visit the Events Calender.

I'm really looking foreword to these workshops. I've met Belladonna before and she seemed like a very warm, outgoing person and a great dancer, not to mention her amazing sword-wielding skills. I've been wanting to take classes from Asharah too as I've been admiring her dancing and writing for some time, although I will admit that I do find the prospect of meeting her more than a little intimidating.

No comments: