Friday, March 20, 2009

Zafira Workshops

Hipnosis is hosting a series of workshops with Pittsburgh-based Zafira Dance Company the weekend of April 18th and 19th. Four workshops (two on Saturday and two on Sunday) will be held at the Elkins Estate in Elkins Park, PA.

I was not familiar with Zafira prior to seeing the flyer posted at the dance studio, but after seeing some of their clips on YouTube it seems like a great investment to learn from them. I like the fact that they achieve a vintage, circus feel without being Indigo clones. Their partner and troupe interactions are also interesting — not the typical ATS arrangements. Take a look: You can read descriptions of the workshops and register online at this location.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Go to the workshops! They are some of the best teachers I have studied with (well, workshopped with). Their group pieces are mostly choreography, with more improvised stuff happening during solos. The last live performance I saw with them really (to me) blew away what The Indigo is doing.

Desirée said...

I'm registered for both Sunday workshops and I'm really looking foreword to them (I wish I could take the Saturday classes too, but I have to work).